...see below for this RNs reasons on why you need to get with the RN trend.

Monday, June 16, 2008

Acceptable gaps and welcome blurs...

Sorry about my little 4-day gap. I went on a quick vacation on my days off. Now I'm back for three (well, two more), and then I'm off for a ten-day trip overseas. Which, if you ask me, is a self-explanatory reason to be a nurse.

But that would be a cheat-post, since I just wrote about the wonderful, marvelous part of nursing...which is: days off.

Today, I guess, was easy. It was a "blur" day. Things happened, my patients were really sick, but it all kind of went by without a big enough glitch for me to remember anything in particular.

Unlike other days, when I leave work with a head full of questions, today I rode the subway home, strolled the last six blocks to my house and mindlessly decompressed, while watching an old episode of 'The Office' on my ipod.

Now, on my couch, with the AC making me cool, in my own comfy clothes...I'm having a really hard time remembering what happened today.

Which, in and of itself...is a really good reason - for me, at least - to be a nurse: I don't really bring much of anything home with me.

No comments: